All marriages have challenges. How do you feel about yours?
- Are you feeling dissatisfied with your marriage?
- Do you feel frustrated, discouraged, angry, or depressed?
- Do you ever wonder what happened to the passion in your marriage?
- Are you sick and tired of prolonged struggles about parenting, money, sex, or sharing of household responsibilities?
- Are you afraid that your marriage is heading towards divorce? Or, that you will continue to remain in an unfulfilling marriage?
You are not alone.
Most couples experience these kinds of challenges sometime during their marriage. If you are ready to invest in changing your marriage, I am willing to assist you.
If you are ready to make changes in your life, here are a few things to consider:
- Focus on taking control of yourself, not your partner; attend to your thoughts and actions, not your mate's
- Begin to imagine what your relationship might be like if you moved past current limitations. This will require you to venture into the unknown rather than staying with what is familiar. Familiar is often experienced as safe or secure
- Resist emotionally driven reactive impulses. Quiet yourself down, remain calm, and think before you act. This way you can keep your ultimate goals in mind
- Avoid arguments and take time outs if necessary to quiet yourself down. Time to think alone can allow for more honest and respectful interactions when you reconvene
- Brief, gentle but firm, statements about yourself are more effective than voicing opinions of what you think about your partner
- Exercise your courage and take an honest look at yourself. What insights do you have that can identify beliefs, tendencies, or behaviors of your own that may contribute to some of the discontent, disrespect, or distance that exists
- Seek professional help if you keep getting stuck
Learn more about my Unique Approach to Couples Therapy.
Now is the time to grow in your life and relationships. Learn which type of therapy is right for you:
my office if you have any questions or for an appointment.